Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP Low Power Report

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP Low Power Report

Posted Sep 06, 2019 02:02 PM

Hi All,

My company has a little over 600 AP's, either 200 or 300 series, and quite a few of them are running in Low Power mode because they are attached to older non-POE switches. We want to track these ones down and see about swapping out the switches with newer POE ones. Is there a command that can be run in the CLI or Airwave report system that will show me all of the ones that are running below standard power? I know we can do them one at a time in the CLI, but that would take forever and is not very efficient. If there is a way to run a command or generate a report, does anyone know what it might be? I have seen silimar questions before, but never seen an answer to it.

Thanks in Advance!

• 2.  RE: AP Low Power Report

Posted Sep 06, 2019 10:59 PM

I searched found this same question as you had.  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Access-Points-running-in-low-power-mode/td-p/458259

The link above talks about using a CLI command have to use the AP name. 

I have made a batch CLI commands using excel to merge 2 fields one list of AP names one with the command to dump a list of information. 

• 3.  RE: AP Low Power Report
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2019 09:32 AM

In ArubaOS 8.5 show ap active has the "p" flag:

Screenshot 2019-09-07 at 08.29.56.png

• 4.  RE: AP Low Power Report

Posted Sep 09, 2019 08:42 AM

Thank you very much! I will use this then to try and determine what ones are low power then.