Wireless Access

Re: AP Meshing

See attached for our internal performance values based on US Regulatory. These are not guaranteed at every site or every region, based on interference, country regulatory, etc. 

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME
Frequent Contributor II

Do you have any test using the AP-275 I setup a mesh with AP-275 didn't have very good results very low RSSI distance was about 75 feet.

Is there an CLI command to see actual mesh speeds?

275 to 275 at 75 feet should be very strong RSSI. Check AP radio power and any environmental obstacles/blockages.

show ap mesh neighbor is a more responsive command. However, the reported rate will change based on a number of factors. The most important metric is the mesh link RSSI (which is actual SNR). Should be above 30 and not above 50. 

Jerrod Howard
Frequent Contributor II

I incorreclty stated the distance just guessing but I used google maps it's actually 275 feet one side is an AP-275 the other side is a AP-114 with a panal antenna I'm not sure which antenna it's a wide angle antenna I'm going to add another AP to the portal side dedicate it to the PTP mesh instead of using that other one.

Regular Contributor I

Excellent performance graphs. Do you happen to have performance graphs for AP377 or at least statistics at differnet ranges? I would like to know if they can achieve 1gb in clean RF environment clear line of site with no fresnel impact. Specifically I am looking at under 100m but curios on other ranges. 

AP387 graphs if you happen to have them too :-)

AMFX #69

Attached. 387 PtP is approx 850-950Mbps from 10m to 400m (depending on TCP or UDP, resp). If you have optimized tools (Ixia hardware) you can make it do right up to 1G, but adapter overhead will take some off the top from regular devices, which is what I test with. 

Jerrod Howard
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: