Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

AP Partitioning is currently in progress. Check back later

Hello all, 

we are in the process of upgrading from 8.5.0.2 to 8.5.0.8 on the last of 4 clustered controllers. this cluster has 1300 Aps and 2 controllers 7240XM. we did a scheduled start for the upgrade and when checking the process we see 

AP Partitioning is currently in progress. Check back later

this has been running for 200 minutes so far. 

any thoughts?

thank you 

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: AP Partitioning is currently in progress. Check back later

1.  Open a TAC case: 

2.  Run the "show lc-cluster" commands on the page here to get status:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_86_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/cluster/upgr-clus.htm?Highlight=live%20upgrade%20status

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Be patient, it can take a while

Make sure the server you are hosting the image on (so the TFTP/FTP etc) is always available. 

We had an issue where the TFTP server was running on a customers laptop, which then went to 'sleep' and the image was not copied across to the remaining controllers.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Highlighted
Guru Elite

It is worth saying that tftp is by far the slowest and most unreliable method of copying files that are typically over 100megs.  I would use any other method besides tftp and test them before upgrade.  Alternatively, the files can be copied to the MM and you can turn the MM into a SCP server so that your files can be upgraded quickly and securely:  

Turn on SCP server functionality on an MD or MM: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_86_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/1cli-commands/service.htm?Highlight=scp%20server

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: