Wireless Access

Contributor I

Re: AP SNMP System Location not present in Airwave

I don't know another way of seeing the info from the CLI other than reading the boot info

Guru Elite

Very good.  That is where it should be.  Airwave reads this information by executing "show ap provisioning ap-name " on the commandline of the controller to obtain that information.  Unless you have Airwave provisioned with the username and the password (and enable password) of the controller, Airwave will not be able to obtain that information.  I don't think you need to have the controller be in manage mode by airwave for airwave to obtain this information.

On the controller you can monitor what Airwave is typing by doing this:

config t

audit-trail all

Then you can type "show audit-trail 50" to see what Airwave is obtaining from the controller.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

Ok, I tried this but I don't see anything from Airwave in the audit trail relating to pulling AP details even if I click 'Poll Controller'.

Airwave has the correct login rights as it logs in to backup the flash each night and I can see this in the audit trail 

Guru Elite

Okay.  It seems that the APs environment variables are only polled when an AP transitions from down to up.  If you have an access point that you can keep disconnected for more than 5 minutes (the polling period) and then bring it up, we can see from the audit trail if Airwave attempts to retrieve the provisioning parameters of that AP (which is where the syslocation of the AP is stored) when it is detected as transitioning from down to up.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

I have tried this now but no luck unfortunately. I do not see anything regarding the provisioning parameters in the audit trail from Airwave and the location details are not picked up. Airwave does see the uptime of the AP. The only detail I see from Airwave on the master or local controllers is:

May 17 01:54:30  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<encrypt disable > -- command executed successfully
May 17 01:54:43  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<show local-userdb-guest > -- command executed successfully
May 17 01:54:43  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<show vrrp > -- command executed successfully
May 17 01:54:43  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<show master-redundancy > -- command executed successfully
May 17 01:54:43  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<show license limits > -- command executed successfully
May 17 01:54:43  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<show mobility-managers > -- command executed successfully
May 17 01:57:15  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<backup flash > -- command executed successfully
May 17 01:57:48  fpcli: USER:airwaves@1.1.1.1 COMMAND:<copy flash: "flashbackup.tar.gz" scp: "1.1.1.1" "scpuser16083" "/tmp/flashbackup_6542_6212_1526518569.tar.gz" > -- command executed successfully

Highlighted
Guru Elite

If you haven't already, please open a TAC case.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

I spoke to TAC and they have confimed that AP SNMP location is no longer available in the current Airwave version. They suggested that I raise this as a feature request for future versions.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: