12-04-2018 06:48 AM - edited 12-04-2018 06:50 AM
I have a tech question about a scenario with an Aruba 7200 controller and AP-310
Suppose I am using the some APs in RAP mode in a remote site, and I loose the WAN connection for that site.
1. How can those RAPs survive if they do not have a connection to the 7200 controller?.
2. Can RAPs switch traffic locally?
3. Can the RAPs maintain the wireless connection for the already authenticated users?
4. In that situation, is it possible to enable automatically and temporarily an Open Authentication scheme and use a PSK during the absence of the authentication servers?
5. What other working alternatives do we have in this situation?
PS: If you feel this information is useful and solved your question or problem, please do not forget to mark it as a solution and give me some kudos.
Re: AP Survivability
12-04-2018 07:14 AM
*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide