Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8

MVP
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 10:06 AM
      |   view attached

In the AOS6 mobility controller GUI, I could navigate to Diagnostics -> Access Point -> System Status and obtain System Status on an AP by name. (see screenshot attached)

I cannot seem to find this in AOS8 logged into my MM gui. I hope this was not removed. Can anyone help?

• 2.  RE: AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2019 01:35 PM
      |   view attached

I am not sure if this is by desing, but if the user has the "ap-provisioning" role in the MM, you will be able to see the same thing. 

Screen shot attached. 

I don't now why this is not available in the Admin view. 

• 3.  RE: AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8

MVP
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 03:58 PM

Thanks for your reply Heltonb. When I changed my role to "ap-provisioning" I was able to see the diagnostics menu on the MM. However I lose a lot of other functionality in this role. I think it is rediculous that when I am in the "root" role, I do not see the diagnostic menu.

I am not a fan at all of the new AOS8 gui. Old version 6 was much, much more friendly.

• 4.  RE: AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8

MVP
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 04:01 PM

Is there documentation somewhere describing the built in roles and their details? I cant find anything. As I can see, the possible roles include these options....

root, read-only, location-api-mgmt, standard, nbapi-mgmt, ap-provisioning, network-operations, guest-provisioning

What more, if I am logged in with the "ap-provisioning" role... I dont even see my APs... the list is empty. This role is useless.

• 5.  RE: AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8

MVP
    Posted Aug 14, 2019 04:27 PM

Even when I change to "ap-provisioning" role so I get the diagnostic menus for APs... the tool doesnt even work.

aos8 fail.PNG

• 6.  RE: AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8

Posted Aug 14, 2019 05:10 PM

• 7.  RE: AP System Status via MM gui in AOS8
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Aug 15, 2019 04:02 PM

Appears if I log into the MC directly (not the MM) with root role, I get the option for Diagnostics-->System Status-->Access point.

Dont know why the current design doesnt let you do this if logged into the MM and you are on the MC in that gui. Since MM is supposed to be centralizing management anyway.