Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: AP Up, but radios down?

Well, after wiping the configs clean I was able to get an AP provisioned and up with the radios operational. The only thing that I changed in ARM was setting the ARM mode from single-band to multi-band. Why did I? No idea. This is the first .11n system I've set up and thought it might be necessary. I wonder if that is what it was?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Nope.  That alone would not do it.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Maybe, but I doubt it.  The dual band vs single band knob was used for single band radios (mostly).  If you set it to multi-band and an AP only has one radio (like the AP-60/61 or the AP-92/93), the AP calculates its best channel and power across both spectums.  An AP running in the 2.4GHz spectrum may decide it has enough coverage and switch to the 5GHz spectrum.  If you set the ARM mode to single-band, the AP would stay in which ever band was specified in the AP system profile.

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

This is an old thread, but I just realized that creating an SSID profile and assigning a VLAN that hasn't been created on the controllers will disable the SSID on the APs, if that's the only SSID then the radios will be off as there is nothing assigned to them.

Hope this tip helps anyone.

Regards

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: