Wireless Access

Contributor II

AP and GRE Tunnel

Hi i want to know if it is possible that an AP made an GRE tunnel to differents  controllers based on the choosen SSID by the client. For example:

Controller A is the end of the GRE tunnel when the SSID A is choosen and controller B when the SSID B is  choosen.

Best Regards

Guru Elite

Re: AP and GRE Tunnel

That cannot be done, unfortunately.  An access point can only have a GRE tunnel to a single controller.  Why not put a layer 2 GRE tunnel between the two controllers and MAP the VLAN B to the tunnel, so that the user traffic would effectively end up on controller B?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

Thank you for this answer.

Actually, i just want that the trafic ends on controller B when the choosen SSID is B. I guess your solution will be OK. Can you give me the steps needed for this configuration in details please.*

Thank you again.

Guru Elite

Please check out the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/ArubaOS-and-Controllers/Using-GRE-Tunnels-to-centralize-L3-access/m-p/2831

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

Thank for the answer.

Just one last question: For The licence, controller A and B show have the same licence or not?

Thankx again.

Guru Elite

You do not need a license for any controller that is not terminating access point traffic (Controller B).  If you have other access terminating on that controller, you need licenses for those access points.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

Thankx

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: