Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP cannot be discovered

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP cannot be discovered

Posted Aug 05, 2014 02:41 AM

Hi,

Im facing a problem where some of my deployed AP cant be discovered by controller whenever power trip or get disconnected. So everytime I have to re-provision and re-configure everything from start again. Seem like the AP been purge or reset automatically. Initially I configure a static IP to the AP and use AP discovery protocol setting.

Need some information what cause this problem and guidance how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

• 2.  RE: AP cannot be discovered

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2014 07:09 AM
    Are they appearing on the master with their name or does it just show their MAC address as the AP name?

• 3.  RE: AP cannot be discovered

Posted Aug 05, 2014 10:21 PM

Hi Tim

Thanks for your reply.

After I re-provision it, it show mac address as the AP name. Everything look the same as the first time I implement it.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

• 4.  RE: AP cannot be discovered

Posted Aug 05, 2014 10:32 PM

If it get factory default everytime its out of electricity thats not a normal behavior.

You should open a support case and you should get that AP for RMA...

Anyways there isnt too much you can do

you could try console the AP and do this

on the apboot

clear os

purge env

save env

reset

Configure it and try again

If you still get the problem just open a suppport case and have them RMA your AP...

What i just told you it just if for any reason its a corrupted firmware on the AP(which i don tthink so) but still like i said there is nothing much you can do.

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: AP cannot be discovered

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:16 PM

It happen on few APs, for example I have 1 site which have 21 APs, 5 APs experience the problem. So what  I do is:

1. create a temporary DHCP using switch on wireless vlan

2. once AP grab the IP, then I re-provision and reconfigure everything from start again.

It happens randomly, no specific AP. Im using AP-225.

Regards

Michael

• 6.  RE: AP cannot be discovered

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:20 PM

So basically this happens

When the AP get disconnected for any reason it gets on factory default??

what i mean is that if the AP gets disconnected and it has no electricity and then you connect it again the ap gets on factory default?

This is the situation ?

correct me if im wrong

Cheers

Carlos

• 7.  RE: AP cannot be discovered

Posted Aug 05, 2014 11:52 PM

Im not so sure how it happen as well because the site that I implemented is outside of my coutry. So I only know the AP down when customer complain or our site technical support informed me. I suspect it happen when after electrical outage during AP boot up, or any event that could cause disconnection of the AP.

Regards

Michael