Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP constantly reboots after changing AP Group

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP constantly reboots after changing AP Group

Posted Feb 04, 2014 06:29 PM

Hi, I have tried to re-provision an AP from its original AP Group to a new AP Group. After re-provisioning the AP constantly reboots and can be seen on the Master but not the local controller IP specified in the LMS IP for the new AP Group.

The original AP group did specify an LMS and Backup LMS IP.

When consoled onto the AP I can see that it still has the original local controller - LMS IP. On the Master I can see the updated/new AP Group listed against the AP.

When consoled onto the AP, if I remove the IP address assigned to the LMS IP, save and boot the AP comes up OK.

Is it the case that you can't re-provision an AP to a different AP Group if LMS and Backup LMS IPs are configured in the original AP Group?

Thanks

Mark

• 2.  RE: AP constantly reboots after changing AP Group

Posted Feb 04, 2014 06:39 PM

You should be able to reprovision an AP to a new group and the AP should be able to reach the LMS configured on the AP System profile

Do you by any chance have VRRP configured between the local and the master ?

Do you have the correct LMS IP address of the local ?

What's the AOS installed?

Also run the following commands :

show  ap config ap-name <ap name>

show ap debug system-status ap-name <ap name>

• 3.  RE: AP constantly reboots after changing AP Group

Posted Feb 05, 2014 03:53 AM

Hi Victor,

That is good news that it can be done!

No VRRP has been configured between the two locals or between the locals and master.

The LMS IP is confirmed as correct.

AOS version on all three controllers is 6.3.1.1

I have attached four notepad text files:

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: AP constantly reboots after changing AP Group

Posted Feb 05, 2014 05:46 AM

Just to follow up. This is the setup at the minute...

Master Controller (3600) - IP Addr 10.93.160.15, located in Data Centre QI

Local Controller (3600) - IP Addr 10.93.160.20, located in Data Centre QI

Local Controller (3600) - IP Addr 10.93.161.20, located in Data Centre BAS

AP belmis-crit-ap01 originally configured with AP Group UK-QI-OFFICE has an LMS IP 10.93.160.20 and backup of 10.93.161.20

when this AP is provisioned to the new AP Group of UK-BAS-OFFICE it boots with the saved LMS IP of 10.93.161.20 and this is the point when it shows on the master controller, not the local, but starts the reboot cycle, approx every 10 minutes.

The new AP group specifies the LMS IP 10.93.161.20 and the Backup LMS IP 10.93.160.20 (the reverse from the original AP Group)

• 5.  RE: AP constantly reboots after changing AP Group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 06:01 AM

Type "show log system 50" on the master controller to get a clue what is happening.

• 6.  RE: AP constantly reboots after changing AP Group
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2014 07:59 AM

I think I have spotted the problem thanks to the "show log system" command.

I ran the command on the two locals and seen messages about AP licensing, I checked the licenses on the two local controllers and see that no AP licenses exist. So someone had previously done a write erase all and removed the licenses.

Thanks for all the help, it is much appreciated!!