Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP is no longer associated with controller status

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  AP is no longer associated with controller status

Posted Jun 29, 2020 10:28 PM
      |   view attached

aruba.JPG

Hi Guys

I facing some issue recently, we have 100 AP (campus AP with dhcp IP Management) we split that AP to some group with different vlan each group (different vlan for IP Management AP). The issue is our CAP sometimes in down state and have status in Airwave -- > "AP is no longer associated with controller". our user cannot see SSID and after that AP rebooted and back to normal

actually that issue happened on certain group instead of all AP, lets say this issue happened on AP Group A. AP group B,C, and D in normal state.

can you guys give me advise for this, thanks

Regards
    Regy Octavian D

• 2.  RE: AP is no longer associated with controller status

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 02:51 AM

This is typically an infrastructure issue and can be difficult to troubleshoot.  I would open a Technical Support case so that they can look at your logs to determine what your problem is.

How long as this been happening?

How often does this happen?

Have you made an infrastructure change recently?

What version of ArubaOS is this?

• 3.  RE: AP is no longer associated with controller status

Posted Jun 30, 2020 03:16 AM
    Spoiler
    Hi Joseph

thanks for your response

1) its was 1year but this issue happened sometimes

2) just for 10 minute, this issue back to normal after AP reboot automatically

3) sure, but we just change routing and another change request, also we make change not related to VLAN Management AP. i think we have problem in DHCP right? best practice for AP management is static, not dhcp instead

4) are you mean Aruba OS for controller or our campus AP ?

Regards

Regy

• 4.  RE: AP is no longer associated with controller status
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2020 03:29 AM

3. APs should be dhcp.  Having access points with static ip addresses would be very painful to managed.  The AP should get dhcp when it first boots up and then just simply renew its ip address after that.  As long as the AP just gets the same ip address, there should not be a problem.  "show log system all" might give you an idea on the controller if access points are rebooting and why.

4.  The Campus AP should have the same version of ArubaOS as the controller.

• 5.  RE: AP is no longer associated with controller status

Posted Jul 02, 2020 11:28 PM

Hi Joseph

Noted, if this issue happened again,  i will check the system log on controller as u said before and share to you. thanks for your answer

Regards
    Regy