Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP issues

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP issues

Posted Jan 31, 2013 10:55 AM

I have 2 Aruba 3200 controlers (Master, Local) and 12 AP125s (3 configured as Air Monitors) I recently made a config change that knocked them off the controllers. I've since changed everything back to the way it was before I made the changes but my APs still show as down. Looking at them I only have 2 of the 5 lights on...the first one is flashing green very fast. If' I'm reading the manual correctly that means the system is initializing. The second right next to it flashes green as well but at a slower study pace which should indicate data activity. They have been in this state for over a week now. Anyone have any ideas of what is going on?

• 2.  RE: AP issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 10:58 AM

SSH into the controller's console:

Type "show audit-trail" to show what you did and publish it here, if you can.

type "show log system 50" and see if access points are even reporting in.

• 3.  RE: AP issues

Posted Jan 31, 2013 11:43 AM
      |   view attached

Sorry it took so long, had to santize the logs, my boss would not be too happy if I put our IPs and MACs out for everyone to see. Me and another guy in my shop have been trying to figure out what went wrong for a week or so.

Attachment(s)

docx
    show log system 50.docx   18 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: AP issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 11:46 AM

When did the outage occur?  Are you running FIPS code?  Why is fips enabled?

• 5.  RE: AP issues

Posted Jan 31, 2013 12:00 PM

Looking back I knocked them off on the 17th of Jan. Yes FIPS is running, it is a DoD requirement.

• 6.  RE: AP issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 12:03 PM

Unfortunately, the audit trail does not go back that far (reboot).  It would probably be best if you open a TAC case, so that they can have access to information that will be needed to solve this issue.

• 7.  RE: AP issues

Posted Jan 31, 2013 01:24 PM

Well it has been long enough to where I'm not worried as much about how it happened as I am about getting them back online. Any suggestions? Did the "show log system 50" log show anything of consequence?

• 8.  RE: AP issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2013 01:27 PM

Nothing that says one way or another.

• 9.  RE: AP issues

Posted Feb 01, 2013 10:50 AM

Since there is a log from the APs does that mean they are communicating in some way? I was thinking they were not connecting at all.