Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:21 AM

I can see the AP form the Aruba Gui.

It is not available when I click on Add Deployed Device within AMP?

Any ideas?

TIA

• 2.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:23 AM

The big question is, is it in AMP, in the first place?  Do a search on the ip address of the AP in AMP.

• 3.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Nov 22, 2011 12:57 PM

It was in AMP. 

I selected it's wrench in Device/List and clicked Import Settings.

I can see it in the list of APs to add now.

Not sure what happened....

Thanks

• 4.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Nov 22, 2011 01:01 PM

I had a similar problem a few weeks back, I had to restart visual rf

• 5.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Nov 22, 2011 01:04 PM

If the AP had just been added to AMP, sometimes there's a delay before the AP shows up in VisualRF. We're working to eliminate those behaviors, and you'll see VisualRF get more information on demand from AirWave in each release. 

• 6.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Jan 19, 2012 11:10 PM

I was actually going to post on this issue before I searched and found this post.

I can see the new APs in AMP and I add them to a specific group, but when I got to VRF, I cannot see them on the list.

I'll give it some time to see if they show up.

• 7.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Jan 22, 2012 03:03 AM

So after waiting until the next day I still didn't see the APs to add on VisualRF.  If they still don't appear, what do I need to do to fix it?  Is there a way to restart VisualRF?

• 8.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Jan 23, 2012 10:16 AM

If the AP hasn't shown up after a day, please open a TAC case. 

• 9.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Jan 31, 2012 05:14 PM

I opened a case and TAC changed the number of processors on the server settings, but this still didn't resolve the issue.

I resolved the issue by performing the below.  If you have a similar issue, most likely this same process will fix it.  The APs that were not showing up were all AP61s.

1. Delete APs from Airwave

2. Let Airwave find the APs again by polling controller and place them in their folders

3. Enter the CLI for the Airwave server and restart the Airwave database

4. Go back to Airwave and the APs will be available to deploy onto the floor plan/s

• 10.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Sep 14, 2012 01:48 PM

And with which commands can I do that on the airwave? 

Thanks in advance.

• 11.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2012 04:13 PM

What version of AMP are you running?  Database restart shouldn't be necessary if you're on AMP 7.5.x.  It should have appeared 5-10 minutes after being added as a monitored/managed device.

• 12.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Sep 20, 2012 02:34 PM

7.5.5 is the version, and i resolved deleting the ap from its group and use the scripts from the airwave "restart_daemons.pl"

then I re add the Ap and wait 1 minute to see it on the VisualRF. 

Thanks for the solution.

• 13.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2012 03:23 PM

Yes, VisualRF resyncs with the database on a restart.  Though I wouldn't have gone the same route.  Restarting daemons causes the entire AMP to restart, this will show as a 5-15 minute gap in your data (depending on how long it took to restart the system).  Instead, you could have gone to the VisualRF Setup tab, set Enabled to No, save/apply.  Then after waiting a minute (takes about 1 minute for VRF to shut down completely - you can verify from the CLI by doing 'psg java' - if there's no return, then VRF has been shut down), set Enabled to Yes, save/apply.

• 14.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Sep 21, 2012 12:52 PM

I have found similar behavior, and a similar resolution with disable and enable VRF.

• 15.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Nov 22, 2011 11:25 AM

Do you have the controller and AP in an AMP group?  Look at the top bar in AMP and see if you have devices in "New Devices".   If so, add the AP to an existing AMP group.  If you haven't yet added the controller, you will have to do that first (click on Device Setup > Add).

After you do that, you should see it in the list of deployable APs.

• 16.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Feb 07, 2014 07:41 AM

removing all the APs in the group and deleting the group on airwave

then re-connect to airwave on the virtual controller worked for me

• 17.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Dec 10, 2014 01:08 PM

Did this ever get resolved?

Yesterday I provisioned two APs, added them to my group, clicked on the wrench's of both in APs/Devices and clicked Import Settings. 

Today in Visual RF I go to the floor plan Edit/Add Deployed Device and they are not there.....

• 18.  RE: AP not available in "Add Deployed Device" menu

Posted Feb 21, 2023 12:54 PM

I ran into this same issue when AirWave had to be reinstalled after the ampadmin password timed out. I followed the steps noted in this discussion but was only able to get two AP to show up in the deployed AP list. I then increased the default 32G memory for the VisualRF memory allocation and all of them showed up. I am using AirWave 8.2.15.1