Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP on trunk with static IP and WIPS rogue detection

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP on trunk with static IP and WIPS rogue detection

Posted Jul 05, 2012 03:05 PM

Hi,

I want to do L3 rogue AP detection. There are no AMs. So how to achieve this. 

1. By connecting AP on trunk port ---- but What IP this AP will get? from Native vlan DHCP ? and what if there is no DHCP in native            vlan and DHCP present in other VLANs?

Can we assign a static IP of other VLAN ( not native vlan ) for the AP ???

2. Using this command on controller ----

wms general learn-system-wired-macs enable

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: AP on trunk with static IP and WIPS rogue detection
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2012 03:17 PM

@newbie wrote:

Hi,

I want to do L3 rogue AP detection. There are no AMs. So how to achieve this. 

1. By connecting AP on trunk port ---- but What IP this AP will get? from Native vlan DHCP ? and what if there is no DHCP in native            vlan and DHCP present in other VLANs?

Can we assign a static IP of other VLAN ( not native vlan ) for the AP ???

2. Using this command on controller ----

wms general learn-system-wired-macs enable

Thanks,

1.  Ap will get IP from native VLAN.  You cannot assign a static IP of a non-native VLAN to an AP

2.  Yes.  Please see the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-IPS-and-Content/L3-rogue-detection/m-p/28440/highlight/true#M28

• 3.  RE: AP on trunk with static IP and WIPS rogue detection

Posted Jul 06, 2012 01:29 AM

Thanks Colin,

Thanks for your help.

I have read that thread...just had some doubts and wanted to confirm....I will try that command on controller.