Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Re: AP packet capture with wireshark

Do I need some ap-acl entru?
Frequent Contributor I

I know this thread is old - but I found it when recently attempting to do some wireless captures from AP's - and failing.    So just in case others notice trouble doing a wireless captuer I'll add what I've found.   I've recently consolidated on 6.x code stream and  cpsec is enabled.    Unfortuneately with cpsec enabled - the capture stream appears to be placed in the encrypted tunnel to the controller.   And working with TAC there is no way at this moment to have the controller forward it to the defined wireshark station... or a knob to keep this traffic outside of the cpsec tunnel to the controller.

Travis

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Hello,

I know the problem is recognized by Aruba, but we have found a workaround, simply use port UDP 162 both at controller and the wireshark to capture packets.

When selecting the interface to capture packets in wireshark, use UDP port 162 and you'll get the traffic.

Frequent Contributor I

Well that works - an unlikely knob to make the traffic flow outside the cpsec tunnel - just disguise it a snmp traps... but I can confrim that it does indead get the job done

Thanks for sharing that work-around!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: