Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP's Wont broadcast wifi

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP's Wont broadcast wifi

Posted Aug 12, 2013 10:34 AM

I have AP's on 2 3200 controllers that are showing identical behavior. They light up saying they are connected to the controller but they wont broadcast a signal. What I have noticed is that if I reduce the number of active AP's to equal the number of wireless intrusion licenses everything works great. Once a start up one more ap than I have intrusion licenses then that radio wont work. I currently have more AP licenses than I do Intrusion licenses on each controller. Will adding intrusion licenses fix this issue or am I missing something?

• 2.  RE: AP's Wont broadcast wifi
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2013 10:39 AM

Licensing is calculated by the lowest applied license. So if you have 25 RFProtect and 50 AP licenses, only 25 AP's will be able to come up.

• 3.  RE: AP's Wont broadcast wifi
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 12, 2013 10:41 AM

That is what I figured. I have an open order to aruba for Intrusion licenses. I hope to have them soon. Thanks for the confirmation.

• 4.  RE: AP's Wont broadcast wifi

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2013 10:52 AM

If you have an Aruba licensing account, you can create a temp license to hold you over until you get your real licenses.

• 5.  RE: AP's Wont broadcast wifi
    Best Answer

you are limited to the lowest license total.   since you have more AP licenses; you are limited to the number of RFProtect licenses in your case.

run the following to see your allowances; look for the "Overall AP License Limit" field.

show ap license-usage

• 6.  RE: AP's Wont broadcast wifi
    Best Answer

That?s the way the Aruba licensing works. The AP count will be limited to the smallest of the AP, PEF (of PEF-NG) or WIP (or RFP) license installed.