Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Re: AP's on Master Controller

I am on the Master controller, not a local or a backup.

The Radius server is only defined in the Security server settings not in the Controller\General config (like on a local)

Should I be able to attach AP's to my master controller and configure them for use to connect to the wireless network?

thx

Contributor II

You can't add radius servers from a local controller in  a master/local configuration.  Those changes have to be done from the Master.

The controller/general tab is for the IPSEC key for master to local communication, not radius authentication of wireless clients.

If you have an AP terminated on the master and it isn't authneticating clients, I would check the radius server's config to make sure that the IP address of the master controller is listed as a RADIUS client, and re-check the shared secret for it on the radious server.

I have finally had a chance to work on this again.....

I now can see the SSID and connect one device to the wireless.... the only device that will attach to the AP and get a proper IP address from the VLAN is an HP laptop, all other devices will not connect?? I have a Dell laptop that connects to all other AP's I am using (130 of them) but will not connect to this AP? I also have an iPad and iPhone and Dell tablet that do not receive an IP when attempting to connect. Any ideas why the HP laptop can connect but noting else?

I have attached a debug log from the AP...

thx

MVP Guru

@lanman wrote:

I have finally had a chance to work on this again.....

I now can see the SSID and connect one device to the wireless.... the only device that will attach to the AP and get a proper IP address from the VLAN is an HP laptop, all other devices will not connect?? I have a Dell laptop that connects to all other AP's I am using (130 of them) but will not connect to this AP? I also have an iPad and iPhone and Dell tablet that do not receive an IP when attempting to connect. Any ideas why the HP laptop can connect but noting else?

I have attached a debug log from the AP...

thx

What type of authentication are using ?

Do you have any user derivation rules to only allow a certain mac addresses or OUI to authenticate ?

Please enable the following :

logging level debug user-debug

and do  a show log user-debug all | inclue <device having issues mac address>

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Highlighted

I am using WPA2 with AES

Enabled the logging for a device but did not see anything when doing a "show" logging....

thx

MVP Guru

Please try:

show log user-debug all | inclue <device having issues mac address>

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Thanks for your help... I still don't see any output from the command.... I have never used this before.

For whatever the reason....?? I do have my Dell tablet and Dell laptop connecting now... ??

The only devices are that are not connecting are Apple devices.... but I don' have this issue with an other AP or configuration on the wireless network (15 controllers and 130 AP's)

MVP Guru

Where you able to enable the debugging first ?

logging level debugging user-debug 

Thank you

Victor Fabian

is there a way to check if it is actually enabled?

I did run the command

MVP Guru

If the device trying to authenticate at that moment when you run the command ?

You could also do a logging level debugging user

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: