Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP's rebooting when a change is made.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP's rebooting when a change is made.

Posted Apr 30, 2012 04:13 PM

I made basic and transmit rate changes last week and some of our AP's rebooted.  I have seen this situation with other changes that should have no impact on the AP's or should not cause the AP's to reboot.  We are running 5.0.4.0 code.  Has anyone seen this before?  I can't find anything in the release notes about this issue.

• 2.  RE: AP's rebooting when a change is made.

Posted Apr 30, 2012 04:35 PM

I have made similar changes on various code revisions and haven't seen AP reboots.  It must be specific to your code or config.  If this is reproducable, your best bet is to open a TAC case.  If it is random, you should probably still open a TAC case, but it may be more difficult to isolate the reason if they can't make it happen.

There may be debugging they (TAC) can turn on and leave on and maybe catch the root cause.

• 3.  RE: AP's rebooting when a change is made.

Posted Apr 30, 2012 08:33 PM

It's random.  Happens sometimes and not others.  I made basic and transmit rate changes to an SSID a couple weeks ago with no issues.  Made the same changes to a couple other SSID's last week and some AP's rebooted.

I'll open a case.

Thanks