Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

AP's stuck in Whitelist

Hi there,

I have an AP-315 that is correctly whitelisted on the Mobility Master (fw ver. 8.5.0.5) but it won't go in the correct ap-group (meaning get provisioned). When I try to reboot the AP (apboot), the controller says "AP not found". The AP is correctly powered by the switch, it has a pingable IP address but it won't show on the controller (show ap database); We have tried at least 3 different AP's. We have also reset the AP (purgeenv) via console. Note that we have plenty of licenses on the MM. 

I have deleted and re-whitelisted the mac several times. Nothing useful from the logs (show log all) either on the  MM either on the local controller. Never had this problem before although we have plenty of sites and AP's already. 

Help would be much appreciated Aruba gurus !

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: AP's stuck in Whitelist

Thanks for the suggestion. I have eventually found the problem:

aruba-master was pointing to a different (old) controller so, in fact the AP was behaving correctly. I had just to re-point aruba-master to the correct IP. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Can you check your LMS settings for the AP group default, and the one they are going into? Make sure it is the correct address/addresses.

Dustin Burns
Senior Mobility and Access Engineer @WEI
ACMX #509 | ACCX #1272 | ACSA | ACDA | ACEA | CCNP | CCDP | CCNA Wireless

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I have eventually found the problem:

aruba-master was pointing to a different (old) controller so, in fact the AP was behaving correctly. I had just to re-point aruba-master to the correct IP. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super Contributor II

Yes good call there too. Glad everything worked out in the end.

Dustin Burns
Senior Mobility and Access Engineer @WEI
ACMX #509 | ACCX #1272 | ACSA | ACDA | ACEA | CCNP | CCDP | CCNA Wireless

If my post address your queries, give kudos and accept as solution!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: