Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP status "suspect" in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP status "suspect" in Airwave

Posted Sep 14, 2017 02:13 PM

Hello, 

I have 800+ APs running on a campus.  When viewing them through VisualRF in Airwave, selecting the AP from the map and then properties, a small number of APs show the status as "suspect".  I have not been able to find any documentation on what this means as far as my AP status goes.  What would be the cause of this?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• 2.  RE: AP status "suspect" in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2017 04:20 AM

screenshot, please?

• 3.  RE: AP status "suspect" in Airwave

Posted Sep 15, 2017 09:58 AM
      |   view attached

Is this a sufficient screen shot?

• 4.  RE: AP status "suspect" in Airwave

Posted Sep 19, 2017 09:59 PM
    That means that it is classified as a suspect rogue

Get Outlook for iOS

• 5.  RE: AP status "suspect" in Airwave

Posted Sep 20, 2017 08:17 AM

Victor,  I assumed that was what "suspect" meant, but I am not sure why my controller would classify a provisioned access point as a suspected rogue.  Is this normal or does it indicate an issue with my wireless system?

• 6.  RE: AP status "suspect" in Airwave

Posted Sep 20, 2017 09:16 AM
    Look under the Rapids events list and search for the MAC address of the AP in question and see which rapids rule is hitting and it also should show the source device that performed the scan/reported the event and that should be a good start to determine why the device is being classified as a suspected rogue AP

Get Outlook for iOS

• 7.  RE: AP status "suspect" in Airwave

Posted Sep 20, 2017 09:16 AM
    Look under the Rapids events list and search for the MAC address of the AP in question and see which rapids rule is hitting and it also should show the source device that performed the scan/reported the event and that should be a good start to determine why the device is being classified as a suspected rogue AP

Get Outlook for iOS