Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP trying to join using Cluster Secuirty DTLS, while it is disabled on the master

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  AP trying to join using Cluster Secuirty DTLS, while it is disabled on the master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 06:41 AM

Hi 

I have 7 ap's in a cluster , where 2 ap's have joined the cluster and the remaining are not joining the cluster

When i execute the command sh ap-alert i see "AP trying to join using Cluster Secuirty DTLS, while it is disabled on the master"

All the ap's are Running Version 6.5.1.5-4.3.1.6 version

Can some help me with a documentation for this cluster security issue

• 2.  RE: AP trying to join using Cluster Secuirty DTLS, while it is disabled on the master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:27 AM

Cluster Security is explained in the Aruba Instant User Guide (here is the guide for 4.3.1, there is even more info in a more recent version's documentation).

From your description, it could be that your cluster has Cluster security disabled, while the APs that you try to join have it enabled (Lockdown mode):

To recover the slave Instant APs in locked mode: Execute the disable-cluster-security-dtls action command on the slave Instant AP, or Factory reset the slave Instant AP.

• 3.  RE: AP trying to join using Cluster Secuirty DTLS, while it is disabled on the master

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:56 AM

i tried to power off all the ap's then enabled one by one and that worked for me