Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP usage by country

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP usage by country

Posted Oct 12, 2016 04:10 PM

I am looking to purchase a few extra AP 105's but I need them compatible with Canadian FCC rules. I had been sent one previously that was a US model and could not configure it on my controller. Does anyone know where these AP's can be purchased?

• 2.  RE: AP usage by country

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2016 04:12 PM
    If you're using campus APs, you'll need an RoW controller for termination of
    APs outside the US.

APs in the US must terminate to a US controller.

If you're using Instant, there are -US and -RW variants of the APs.

• 3.  RE: AP usage by country

Posted Oct 12, 2016 04:15 PM

All APs can be used for any regulatory domain; assuming they were purchaesd as an "AP" model and not "IAP".   IAP models have the country designation; so if you have an IAP-105-US, then correct, it will not work on a non-US controller.  However, if you have an AP-105 (non IAP model), it will work fine on any controller as campus AP models do not have a country designation.

The 105s are end of sale, so you'll need to buy one second hand if you really need a 105 vs newer models.

• 4.  RE: AP usage by country

Posted Oct 12, 2016 04:55 PM

How can i see if the AP is an IAP or just AP? Also, what are my options for adding AP's if I do have difficulty finding a used 105? What models are compatible with that vintage of controller?

• 5.  RE: AP usage by country

Posted Oct 12, 2016 04:56 PM

...it is a 3200 controller...

• 6.  RE: AP usage by country

Posted Oct 12, 2016 05:12 PM

3200 controllers can run up to 6.4.x of code; so you can use any of the 802.11n APs (AP-1xx) or Wave 1 802.11ac APs (AP-2xx)......except the recently announced AP-207, or the AP-325 (6.4.4)

• 7.  RE: AP usage by country

Posted Oct 12, 2016 05:13 PM

The model should be on the sticker; stated as AP-105 or IAP-105-XX.