Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP103H sometimes crashes

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP103H sometimes crashes

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:27 AM

We've recently deployed around 200 AP103H units, which are generally working really well but I've noticed we've had a couple of occasions when a unit appears to crash. They drop off the controller and don't respond to ping, but the switch port is still up. Left alone the AP doesn't come back up. The switch reports the port going up and down from the point the AP drops off, which looks like the AP rebooting. As soon as I power cycle the POE on the switch port and it then comes back. When this happens it's one AP out of maybe 30 in the building, all on the same switch. The switch is an HP2920.

Anybody else seen this kind of behaviour?

• 2.  RE: AP103H sometimes crashes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:41 AM
    Please open a tac case in parallel so they can inspect your logs.

• 3.  RE: AP103H sometimes crashes

Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:55 AM

Hi Colin, I don't seem able to do that. Filled in the form but submit doesn't do anything. Could be my browser of course. I've run out of time today, will try again tomorrow. Thought I'd mention it in case there's a problem with the site.

• 4.  RE: AP103H sometimes crashes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2015 11:57 AM
    If an AP resets, show log system 100 should tell you the reboot reason.

• 5.  RE: AP103H sometimes crashes

Posted Oct 01, 2015 04:18 AM

The problem is, in this case, the AP last reset because I cut its power. The point at which the AP seems to get stuck in a reboot loop of some sort, it never contacts the controller so there's no useful log about why it went down.

• 6.  RE: AP103H sometimes crashes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2015 04:19 AM

Contact TAC the next time it happens.  It could be many things...