Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller

Posted Oct 10, 2012 11:02 PM
    Hi Experts, I have a standalone controller with two Mesh cluster profiles each cluster with pair of portal and point. Both the clusters connect to the same LAN. All works fine with both the Portals active. However when I test Redundancy by taking down of the Point/portal in any one cluster the failover of traffic through the other active mesh node is not working. Can we achieve cluster cluster redundancy? my Setup in similar to Figure 35 in the link below. Need your help badly on how to achieve redundancy here. http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_61/ROBOHELP%20UG%206.1/ArubaOS_User_Guide_-_volumes/Mesh.htm Thanks in advance. Shabeer

• 2.  RE: AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2012 12:15 AM

@shadowsfx45 wrote:
    Hi Experts, I have a standalone controller with two Mesh cluster profiles each cluster with pair of portal and point. Both the clusters connect to the same LAN. All works fine with both the Portals active. However when I test Redundancy by taking down of the Point/portal in any one cluster the failover of traffic through the other active mesh node is not working. Can we achieve cluster cluster redundancy? my Setup in similar to Figure 35 in the link below. Need your help badly on how to achieve redundancy here. http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_61/ROBOHELP%20UG%206.1/ArubaOS_User_Guide_-_volumes/Mesh.htm Thanks in advance. Shabeer

Are the settings the same in the mesh clusters?  If not, there is no chance that an AP in one cluster will connect to an access point in a different cluster....

• 3.  RE: AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller

Posted Oct 14, 2012 09:43 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I have difference settings. As I dont want the APs in one cluster to join the MPP in other cluster.

I would like to do an Cluster-cluster redundancy where if one ap in a cluster fails the traffic should go via the APs in the other cluster.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2012 07:39 AM

@shadowsfx45 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I have difference settings. As I dont want the APs in one cluster to join the MPP in other cluster.

I would like to do an Cluster-cluster redundancy where if one ap in a cluster fails the traffic should go via the APs in the other cluster.

Thanks

Yes, but APs must have cluster settings in common for that to happen...

• 5.  RE: AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller

Posted Oct 15, 2012 09:38 AM
    Hi

Cluster setting in the sense mssid ?? And so or the complete settings.

I will test it again tomorrow.

thanks for the help so far :)

• 6.  RE: AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2012 10:28 AM

When you Provision a Mesh Point or Mesh Portal, there is a mesh cluster profile that is attached to that access point.  If you provision two different access points with the same mesh cluster profile, they can mesh with each other.  If you provision them with two different mesh cluster profiles, they probably will not be able to connect unless the parameters in the two different cluster profiles match, like encryption, Mesh SSID and PSK.

• 7.  RE: AP104 - LAN-LAN bridge with two cluster in standalone controller

Posted Oct 16, 2012 10:58 PM

Finally it worked. 

Thanks a ton for the help :)