Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP105 Not Following LMS Directive

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP105 Not Following LMS Directive

Posted Jan 24, 2013 04:19 PM

Hardware - Five Aruba 3600 Controllers in Master/Local config

Software - ArubaOS 6.1.3.4

Greetings all:

I have an AP Group with 6 APs provisioned to it.  Recently, I've had issues with two APs that won't stay online.  On further investigation, while in operation, they're claiming the Master as their home switch rather than the local they should be talking to.  I'm assuming this is the root of my problem.  Not sure what to do other than replace them, so I wanted to get input to see if anyone else had any ideas.

• 2.  RE: AP105 Not Following LMS Directive

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2013 05:15 PM

You can open a support case so that they can get to the bottom of it, or you can try to look at "show log system 100" on each controller to see why the access point reboots or goes to another controller.

• 3.  RE: AP105 Not Following LMS Directive

Posted Jan 25, 2013 11:25 AM

Since I have oodles of extra inventory, I'm not all that concerned with it, and I'll likely just swap them out.  But if I could avoid walking across campus to that building, I would have been happy :smileywink:

In digging on this, the only oddity seems to be that the AP never really appears to be online to any controller, despite its claims of uptime.  The one AP claimed to be up 14 minutes, but trying to look at the AP list on either the master controller (which has no APs assigned to it) or the local controller did not show this allegedly online AP in the list.  Further investigation using the system status diagnostics menu option showed that neither AP would respond to me even though it showed as onine, and on top of that, a "show ap bss-table" does not show the AP's IPs or names as valid.

• 4.  RE: AP105 Not Following LMS Directive

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2013 03:37 PM

You are coming up on a support case....

• 5.  RE: AP105 Not Following LMS Directive

Posted Jan 24, 2013 07:59 PM

I just left a customer today with 1 AP-105 doing the same thing.    It is in a group with other APs, but this one wants only to connect to the master.   The LMS setup has a local as primary and the master as backup LMS.   Reprovisioning or rebooting has no effect, it only terminates on the master.  Logs show no errors.

If you open a case, please post your results.

Thank you