Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP105's dying left and right

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP105's dying left and right

Posted Sep 11, 2013 11:53 AM

I have had several AP105's die recently, just go down from the controller, so I check the switch and the power status shows 'faulty'.  No worries, bounce the port, try again, and....nothing.  Faulty again.  I go get the AP, try to plug it in via aruba PoE thinking maybe I have a bad switch, but nothing.  No console output either on boot.  So ok, I think it's just the PoE that's fried, let me try an AC adapter.  Nope, no go.

I realize I need to RMA it but i've had 5 die in the last three days......  Running 6.3.0.0, I didn't see anything in the release notes about AP105's being fixed or anything like that.

These were all from the same order, put in service within the last 2 months.  Is it possible I got a bad batch?  Did aruba change their manufacturing on these things?

I can't keep enough on hand as spares if they are gonna die this fast.......RMA takes weeks.... 

• 2.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

Posted Sep 11, 2013 12:44 PM

Do you have AOS 6.3.0.1 ?

• 3.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

Posted Sep 11, 2013 12:49 PM

Not right now but I can start running it tonight if that will fix these issues!

• 4.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2013 01:08 PM

@eickst wrote:

Not right now but I can start running it tonight if that will fix these issues!

eickst,

Please open a support case ASAP so that they can help you with whatever is going on.

• 5.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2013 02:42 PM

Are you running "hybrid mode" (spectrum analysis)? There's a ptential known risk with this on AP-105.

• 6.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

Posted Sep 11, 2013 03:25 PM

Yes they were running hybrid spectrum scanning.  I have disabled it across all profiles now....

• 7.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

Posted Sep 11, 2013 08:54 PM

Best to follow cjoseph's lead here...

Please open a support case ASAP so that they can help you with whatever is going on.   "Potential" is just that "maybe or maybe not"... best to get it diagnosed and get your remediation options.

• 8.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

Posted Sep 13, 2013 03:46 PM

I wanted to follow up with everyone and give an update, turns out only two of them were actually bad, there were issues with the data drops, and to add salt to the wound...my PoE injector AND my AC adapter that I was using to test the AP's were bad as well......it was a trifecta

• 9.  RE: AP105's dying left and right

Posted Sep 13, 2013 04:28 PM

Thanks for the update. It sounded like a bad PoE source. I'm glad it not an AOS bug.