Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP105's limiting to 25 device connections on it's own

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP105's limiting to 25 device connections on it's own

Posted Aug 26, 2013 11:02 AM

I have a campus network with 1 3600 controller running 6.1.3 and approximately 100 AP105s.  There are 2 Wi-Fi networks, one public and one secure.  Public has bandwidth limiting based on a per role usage.  Each AP has band steering and left the default of 64 max associations for each network.  My problem starts when a 26th device in a classroom tries to connect to an AP, it just doesn't.  Once a connected device closes it's connection then the 26th device connects no problem.  It happens accross both networks (so if it's split half and half then the 26th still doesn't connect).  Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: AP105's limiting to 25 device connections on it's own

Posted Aug 26, 2013 11:13 AM

Can we please enable use-debug for the 26th client as shown below and please forward me the logs.tar with tech-support to me to review it.

logging level debugging user-debug <mac address of the user>

You can email me at srirams@arubanetworks.com Thank you.

• 3.  RE: AP105's limiting to 25 device connections on it's own

Posted Aug 26, 2013 11:18 AM
    A. Copy and paste your SSID Profile advanced (of both ssids) B. check your DHCP server. C.try to disable the band steering - just for the test D.please write down the full version number 6.1.3.X??? E. print out the lastest 50 lines of your logs - after the 26th unable to connect.

• 4.  RE: AP105's limiting to 25 device connections on it's own

Posted Aug 27, 2013 03:12 PM

I am having trouble getting the problem to duplicate itself.  I had 64 tablets connected to a single AP today with no problems.  Checking my controller dashboard said I had 57 on the 2.4 radio.  I know it was an issue when my director told me he had trouble helping set up the tablets.  I'll more than likly have a problem next Tuesday when school starts again.  Then I will be able to look at the logs and maybe be able to determine the problem more presisely.  Thanks for your help though.

Anthras

P.S. -  I will be posting a solution if I find I can duplicate the problem for future users.