Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP125 configuration

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 19, 2013 11:01 AM

hi,

I want to know is there any way I can configure AP125 without using mobility controlller.

Thanks

uv.

• 2.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 19, 2013 11:03 AM

Is not possible , please read the datasheet

www.arubanetworks.com_pdf_products_DS_AP124-125.pdf_2013-06-19_11-02-08.png

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/DS_AP124-125.pdf

What are you trying to accomplish ?

• 3.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 19, 2013 02:38 PM

Are you trying to configure the AP with a static IP to go back to the controller? I have done this via a console cable, but then it has to report back to a controller.

• 4.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 20, 2013 07:39 AM

hi,

I want to create around 5 configurations for Aruba 125 using Mobillity controller.  I want to remove Mobility controller, and using console of AP125, I want to load any of those profiles whenever needed.  PLease tell me if it is possible, I am not getting this anywhere in the docs.

thanks in advance.

uv.

• 5.  RE: AP125 configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2013 07:43 AM

You cannot use the AP125 without the controller, period.

• 6.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 20, 2013 07:48 AM

When you say profiles what exactly do you mean ? if you remove the controller the AP125 wont be able to function on it's own

But if you want to change some of the settings through the console you can .

You can configure the following:

- AP-Group that AP will be part of 

- AP name

- IP address

See this thread it list some of the commands you can use to configure the AP through the console :

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/printenv-command-on-AP-s/td-p/2420

• 7.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:19 AM

hi,

I want to create AP Group like Group1 with SSID, open-none, band A. ; Group2 with SSID, open-wep, band B, 40MHz.  I want the AP to be in any group whenever I want it to.  I want this change to happen without the involvement of mobility controller.

thanks

uv.

• 8.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 20, 2013 10:23 AM

You can do this through the console by configuring the AP-Group which has all the settings the AP needs :

setenv group <AP-Group name>

• 9.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 20, 2013 12:06 PM

hi,

When I type 'setenv' in the console it says 'permission denied'.  But the command 'ifconfig' works fine.  please guide me.

thanks

uv.

• 10.  RE: AP125 configuration

Posted Jun 20, 2013 12:09 PM
    You have reboot the AP and stop the boot process

• 11.  RE: AP125 configuration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2013 12:14 PM

@ubuntuv wrote:

hi,

When I type 'setenv' in the console it says 'permission denied'.  But the command 'ifconfig' works fine.  please guide me.

thanks

uv.

To make it very clear:

You CANNOT configure an AP125 without a controller.  It is not possible to switch profiles or configuration for an AP125 without a controller.  You cannot Operate an AP125 without a controller except under limited circumstances.