Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

Posted Apr 06, 2020 04:49 AM

I have an existing controller 7010 and some access points 103 with version 6.5.1.9 and use airwave with version 8.2.4, after I changed the ap to 305 the ap was not on the "list" automatically, I tried to input manually but an error occurred snmp failed, what should I do? does the airwave version not support AP?

• 2.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 10:27 AM

If the new AP shows up on the controller, it show up in Airwave.  If Airwave does not have a rule to automatically add the device into airwave, it should show up under the "new" device counter at the top.

• 3.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:06 PM

true, but the P305 apep5 will not appear on airwave and I have tried adding the manual but the error will appear, any other suggestions?

• 4.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 11:44 AM

AP 305 should be supported on 8.2.4, same is mentioned in the supported device guide for 8.2.4.

We cannot add a thin AP manually to Airwave using SNMP, Airwave polls the Controller and gets the AP info.

• Is this AP showing up on controller?
    • Could we try to poll the controller on Airwave once? Do we see any error while polling?
    • After polling could we double check the new devices list again?

Also, once the AP shows up you would have to do replace hardware if we still have the old 105 on Airwave so that historical data for the device wont be lost.

• 5.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:09 PM

I have done a poll on the controller so that new devices that are in the controller appear, but it does not appear at all for the new AP, do I have to restart the airwave?

• 6.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:19 PM

Could we try restarting the daemon on the server once from ampcli? That should re initiate any process which are stuck.
    Also, i would suggest moving to latter code as 8.2.4 is too old code.

• 7.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:45 PM

we can't restart, because this airwave is connected from many controllers in various cities, is it affected by all data?

• 8.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 09:58 PM

Did you try to search for the access point in Airwave using its  ip address or  wired Mac address?

• 9.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

Posted Apr 07, 2020 01:27 AM

I have tried manually by entering the device name and IP address of the device, after waiting a few minutes the AP remained down and the status failed SNMP,see my attachments

• 10.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 04:04 AM

Airwave is not meant to interact with the IP of the AP, it talks the controller only. Get the AP up on the controller, then wait for Airwave to poll the controller.

• 11.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2020 09:31 AM

As i mentioned earlier as Jeff mentioned, thin APs cannot be added manually to Airwave. It needs to be discovered through controller. Airwave polls the controller and gets it. Also, i can see the client monitoring service keeping on restarting as well. I would suggest a TAC case so that they can check the logs and see if the services are processing data.
    Also, it is recommended to upgrade to latest code since 8.2.4 is already out of supported code.

• 12.  RE: AP305 Cannot See in Airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 14, 2020 03:53 AM

hello all this problem solve after being remote by TAC,The problem is that the RAM memory is full, so Airwave can't make new searches for access points,The solution is to clear the cache that is not in use and have to upgrade RAM and CPU

thanks all