Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP345 Default PW

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP345 Default PW

Posted Oct 12, 2018 10:17 AM

New to the AP345 hardware.  I'm trying to set it up but when I get to the GUI admin/admin isn't working to access it.  It is brand new so it should be the default which is what?  Thanks

• 2.  RE: AP345 Default PW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 12, 2018 10:43 AM

You have the correct username/password defaults. Since you're using the WebUI, I presume you intend to run the AP as Instant vs controller-based.

Is there another Instant cluster on the same VLAN that the AP may be trying to join? You can also use the reset button to clear any current configuration that may be on the AP.

• 3.  RE: AP345 Default PW

Posted Oct 12, 2018 10:56 AM

Crazy, what i did was take another AP345.  Put it on and was able to access it via the default admin/admin.  I plan to run it with several IAP305 so i put firmware Draco_8.3.0.0 into it.  Once it came up as an instant I place the other AP345 onto the same network.  It joined the other AP345, so all good.  All I can think is that it had some sort of config in it from factory that had a pw in it that was not default.  And yes I did try several times to do a factory reset on it via paperclip through the back but each time I'd try to access it admin/admin did not work.  Strange!!!

• 4.  RE: AP345 Default PW

Posted Oct 12, 2018 10:43 PM

For some reason it takes a long time once the AP boots before you can actually login.  I guess there's some backend process that takes a while to start.  I've noticed you can get to the login prompt fairly quickly, but sometimes it will take 5 minutes or more before logging in actually works.

• 5.  RE: AP345 Default PW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2018 02:13 PM

@Derek Schwab wrote:

For some reason it takes a long time once the AP boots before you can actually login.  I guess there's some backend process that takes a while to start.  I've noticed you can get to the login prompt fairly quickly, but sometimes it will take 5 minutes or more before logging in actually works.

What firmware version are you running?

• 6.  RE: AP345 Default PW

Posted Oct 15, 2018 08:29 AM

8.3.0.0_64659