Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP60 in endless upgrade loop

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP60 in endless upgrade loop

Posted Jan 23, 2012 02:35 PM

I just upgraded my controller to 6.1.2.6 from 6.1.2.4.  Everything seemed to be OK until I had one AP not come back.  It was working just fine prior to the upgrade, but now it is in an endless upgrade loop.  I've since replaced it with another AP60 and it is doing the same thing.  The flags are UID (Unconfigued, Inactive, Dirty or no Config) and the status is either upgrading or down.  Every other AP/AM (both of this model and other models) came back just fine.  This is in a remote office on the normal WAN (ie not a remote AP).  Again, all of the other remote office's APs came back with no problems.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: AP60 in endless upgrade loop

Posted Jan 23, 2012 04:52 PM

Can you put a console on the AP to watch it boot?  You'll need one of the breakout ethernet/console cables for that.

Other than checking that, it appears to be contacting the controller, since you're seeing it in the ap database with those flags.  Does the new AP-60 show up in the list of APs to be provisioned?  If it's a new AP60 out of the box, you'll have to provision it.

• 3.  RE: AP60 in endless upgrade loop

Posted Jan 23, 2012 05:10 PM

Unfortunatly I'm in Salt Lake and the AP is in Harrisburg, PA. so physical connection is not an option short of having it return shipped (which is what I am planning on doing).  I was hoping that someone would have a fix or an idea with this situation short of having to ship the AP back to me. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

• 4.  RE: AP60 in endless upgrade loop

Posted Jan 23, 2012 05:20 PM

So, the new one does not show up for provisioning?

• 5.  RE: AP60 in endless upgrade loop

Posted Jan 23, 2012 05:30 PM

You didn't happen to run out of licenses did you?

• 6.  RE: AP60 in endless upgrade loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2012 07:57 PM

@dkendric wrote:

I just upgraded my controller to 6.1.2.6 from 6.1.2.4.  Everything seemed to be OK until I had one AP not come back.  It was working just fine prior to the upgrade, but now it is in an endless upgrade loop.  I've since replaced it with another AP60 and it is doing the same thing.  The flags are UID (Unconfigued, Inactive, Dirty or no Config) and the status is either upgrading or down.  Every other AP/AM (both of this model and other models) came back just fine.  This is in a remote office on the normal WAN (ie not a remote AP).  Again, all of the other remote office's APs came back with no problems.

Any ideas?

If it is an AP60, and new, unfortunately it has to boot up on ArubaOS 5.0.3.x first before going to 6.x....

(just paraphrasing the upgrade guide in the release notes).  What was the upgrade path to ArubaOS 6.1.2.6 and was that first AP60 ever up?

• 7.  RE: AP60 in endless upgrade loop

Posted Jan 25, 2012 11:14 AM

Sorry for the delay in my responses and thanks to all who have replied to me.

I have pleanty of licenses (using 49 and have 64 licenses) so I know that is not the problem.

The first AP60 was wotking prior to the upgrade (6.1.2.4 to 6.1.2.6) but won't come up after the upgrade.

The new one follows the exact behavior.  Shows upgrading, then down, then upgrading, etc.

If the AP60 needs to be At v5.x before it can upgrade to 6.x that would explain why the new AP is acting like it is.  Just don't understand why the original is doing what it's doing.  I did have them ship the original to me so I will play with it here.

• 8.  RE: AP60 in endless upgrade loop

Posted Feb 01, 2012 12:39 PM

I just encountered the same issue with an AP61 and an AP121. VERY frustrating :smileymad: