Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP70 loosing config - Setup as RAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP70 loosing config - Setup as RAP

Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:17 AM

We are using AP70s as RAPs on our inter-campus shuttle buses here at McGill University.  These APs get powered up and down many times per day and some of them have completely lost their config!

Has anyone else seen this and if so is this an issue with AP70s or APs in general?

The APs are powered by an Axis T8122 POE injector as it converts 12v DC from the bus to POE power for the AP as the AP only has a 5V input.

I'm also wondering if an AP gets powered down during a boot cycle if this could maybe cause the issue?

• 2.  RE: AP70 loosing config - Setup as RAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:19 AM

What version of code are you using?

• 3.  RE: AP70 loosing config - Setup as RAP

Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:21 AM

We just upgraded to 6.1.3.1 but when they lost their config they were running 5.0.4.5

• 4.  RE: AP70 loosing config - Setup as RAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:30 AM

If it loses its config and it gets powered up and powered down all the time, that would seem to be memory corruption.  If you see it happening on the new version of code please open a case.  Being that the AP70 is end of life, it probably has not been seen or reported.

• 5.  RE: AP70 loosing config - Setup as RAP

Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:33 AM

Any tests I could run on the AP to check for memory problems?

• 6.  RE: AP70 loosing config - Setup as RAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:42 AM

I'm going to speak in general here:

I am not saying anything is wrong memory, per se.  To be technical, in ArubaOS 6.x, we write to the memory of the AP less, and that should reduce corruption due to the power being interrupted constantly while we are writing.  You certainly have a corner use case.

If you see the same issues in 6.x, please open a ticket with TAC so we can work it.