Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

APP Firewall Support

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  APP Firewall Support

Posted Nov 02, 2013 06:59 AM

Application Firewall that can control & understand application is supported from 6.3 if i'm right ?

is it supported on all controllers ?

• 2.  RE: APP Firewall Support
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2013 10:28 AM

Editing with updated information....

AppRF is available in AOS 6.3.  AppRF is only available on the 72x0 series and future controller HW.  In AOS 6.3 we offer application visibility and in AOS 6.4 AppRF will benefit from Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for a much greater degree of application visibility.  6.4 will also add per application policy (allow, deny, or QoS).  Check with your local engineer on the availability of 6.4.

• 3.  RE: APP Firewall Support

Posted Nov 03, 2013 01:31 PM

is it Available on 6000 Controller with M3 modules ?

• 4.  RE: APP Firewall Support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2013 01:33 PM

Yes, AppRF is supported on the M3.

• 5.  RE: APP Firewall Support

Posted Dec 04, 2013 02:40 PM

The AppRF STILLs in as a "beta feature"!!!

"...As of now AppRF is a beta feature so won't recommend enabling it on production. ..." Indeed i got CPU issue with that in an M3.

6.2 is the "current release" and some controllers need memory upgrade so... :manfrustrated:

Any comment?

• 6.  RE: APP Firewall Support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:29 PM
    It is out of beta in 6.3 and there will be many more features in 6.4

• 7.  RE: APP Firewall Support

Posted Dec 04, 2013 03:30 PM

AppRF is available today as part of the AOS 6.3 release.  AOS 6.3 is in the "Early Deployment" stage which is past BETA but not yet General Availability (GA).

AOS 6.2 is the current GA release.  Only the original 3200 requires a memory upgrade to allow it to run current code (512MB up to 1Gig); however, AppRF is not available for this platform.

• 8.  RE: APP Firewall Support

Posted Nov 03, 2013 01:33 PM

Editing post...

AppRF will not be available on the M3.  See my previous post.

• 9.  RE: APP Firewall Support

Posted Dec 05, 2013 02:14 AM

The Support for AppRF with M3 is great,  I think that will resolve maximum content transfer app issues regarding firewall support

• 10.  RE: APP Firewall Support

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2013 09:25 AM

Just to clarify further.

AppRF 1.0 is available on 3200XM, 3400, 3600, M3 and 7200 series platforms. You can see this in AOS 6.3.1.0 or higher release notes.

Future versions of AppRF may have additional hardware requirements which could mean they cannot be supported on certain platforms and will be documented accordingly when that new feature is released.

Best regards,

Madani