Wireless Access

New Contributor

APs/Devices display Configuration Error

APs/Devices display Configuration Error

I am trying to resolve an issue with APs/Devices not displaying configuration errors. When I try to import the configuration I receive the errors in the log below. Is this because I have managment mode to monitor and not to read/write?

Time	User	Event
Wed Mar 4 10:57:57 2015	System	Status changed to 'OK'
Wed Mar 4 10:55:12 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
...omitted 7 duplicate messages...
Wed Mar 4 10:53:12 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
Wed Mar 4 10:53:12 2015	System	Status changed to 'Error fetching existing configuration'
Wed Mar 4 10:52:57 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
Wed Mar 4 10:52:56 2015	System	Status changed to 'OK'
Wed Mar 4 10:52:47 2015	admin	Import device settings
Wed Mar 4 10:51:41 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
Wed Mar 4 10:51:41 2015	System	Configuration status changed to 'Too many errors fetching existing configuration'
Wed Mar 4 10:51:27 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
...omitted 7 duplicate messages...

Guru Elite

Re: APs/Devices display Configuration Error

It could be that the username and password credentials are missing or incorrect.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
New Contributor

I added the appropriate credentials to the scan set within the tabbed area for Device Setup/Discover. Unfortunatley I still see the same results. I wonder if it has to do with my configuration being set to monitor only?

Have audits ever been successful?  Take a single controller, try to run an audit.  From the CLI, tail -f /var/log/ap/(ap_id)/*  or more specifically, the audit.log.  This will give you more details into the interaction with the controller during the audit period.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

It sounds like you've already "discovered" the device, and it's in the database now (but not getting the configuration read) - Take a look at the credentials on the device's "management" tab.

See if the credentials Airwave has for the deivce match what you have configured on the device.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: