Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

APs randomly rebooting

Hey,

I see APs connected to my 7210 MC and my two virtual MMs rebooting randomly during the last two hours.

The only entries in the log that seem to appear befor the reboots are those:

Mar 27 19:13:05  appRF[4339]: apprf_chan_event: Self-IP:10.42.123.1
Mar 27 19:13:05  cfgdist[4125]: <357002> <5046> <WARN> |cfgdist| freelc_node:355 (TID:5046) Status of 10.42.123.11(xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) is now DOWN
Mar 27 19:13:06  ARM Process[4658]: <319001> <4658> <ERRS> |ARM Process|  Unexpected (arm process) runtime error at handle_sta_management, 481, NO BSSID object (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)for STA xx:xx:xx:xx:xx 
Mar 27 19:13:23  cfgdist[4125]: <357002> <5047> <WARN> |cfgdist| handle_read:702 (TID:5047) Status of ::ffff:10.42.123.11(xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) is now UP
Mar 27 19:13:25  cluster_upgrade_mgr[4747]: <396001> <5274> <ERRS> |cluster_upgrade_mgr|  remove_ap_from_cluster_info, Unable to find controller 10.31.3.254 in g_controller_htable

I do not understand whats the problem here, the system worked fine during the last months.

Guru Elite

Re: APs randomly rebooting

What version of ArubaOS and what access point model?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

I am running on Aruba OS 8.3.0.5 and use IAP-315 on my campus.

Guru Elite

Instant APs don't have a real reason to reboot.  Type "show version" to see if you can see the reboot reason

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars

The IAPs are running as standard campus APs (we just happen to have the "IAP" line of products), so where should I look up the reboot reason?

Highlighted
Contributor II

Hi,

Just upgare to 8.4 and reprovision the APs in their AP groups again. I had the same issue but I was running different code and the above solution worked. That being said, I see that the APs can't find the controller in your case ''last syslog message'' make sure you have not network issue first. 

The problem was done for two weeks but I am experiencing again now. I am upgrading to 8.3.0.6 as I do not want to go to 8.4. 

Does anyone know how I could investigate this issue further?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: