Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

Posted Oct 16, 2013 12:15 PM

Hi Friends,

Need to discuss a very strange issue with you. we have install Aruba MC3600 with AP135 and AP92. The OS running is 6.1. We have applied Captive Portal with Guest enable mode. The system works perfectly fine from last months but now we are facing very strange issue. Some times Aruba Controller stop showing captive portal page to users, all the connected users got disconnection, and Controller are not respond to ping outside world but strangely new users get IP address from Internal DHCP server but remains in pre authentication role as captive portal page does not show to them. This situations remains for few minutes and than everything becomes fine it self.

We have contacted with ISP to check if internet getting disconnection but they told you are connected from last 72 days. Meanwhile this problem is occurring more and more now. we have face this problem 5 times in last 48 hours.

• 2.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

Posted Oct 16, 2013 12:24 PM

Which release of 6.1 are you currently using ?

JF

• 3.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

Posted Oct 16, 2013 12:29 PM

• 4.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

Posted Oct 17, 2013 03:13 AM

I have updated the OS from 6.1.3.6 to 6.1.3. but still having the same issue

• 5.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2013 03:21 AM

What is the maximum number of users you have on your wireless at one time?

• 6.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

Posted Oct 17, 2013 04:52 AM
    right now they are 59. the maximum didn't cross up to 300.

I have seen DHCP leases and huge IP address are available.

• 7.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

Posted Oct 17, 2013 04:54 AM
    let suppose if it is DHCP leases limits issue than controller should not stop ping from outside world. Secondly the connected clients do not need to be disconnected.

• 8.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 17, 2013 05:12 AM

Syedmuradali,

This could be complicated to troubleshoot here.  You should open a TAC case.

• 9.  RE: ARuba Controller Disconnection Issue

Posted Oct 17, 2013 05:20 AM
    Actually its holidays over here till monday. I will open a Tac when i will go to site meanwhile i thought it would be good if i can discuss it with experts