Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Abandoned - ip dhcp

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Abandoned - ip dhcp

Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:09 AM

Dear All,

I have created dhcp pool of /24 and excluded 5 ip addresses. When i put show ip dhcp statistics command, i am seeing ip's are blocked under abandoned leases and new ap's are not joining. controller model is 7210 and version is 6.4.2.9. Plz help

• 2.  RE: Abandoned - ip dhcp
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:11 AM

How many free leases do you have?

• 3.  RE: Abandoned - ip dhcp
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:43 AM

We have 5 ip's exluded from /24. and 243 ap's registered to the controllers. We are trying to add 2 more ap's now.

• 4.  RE: Abandoned - ip dhcp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:44 AM
    Again, how many free leases do you hàve?

• 5.  RE: Abandoned - ip dhcp

Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:46 AM

7 ip's

• 6.  RE: Abandoned - ip dhcp

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:50 AM
    You should get a console cable and plug it into the access point and see if it is getting an IP address.

• 7.  RE: Abandoned - ip dhcp

Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:55 AM

I have tried console and found no ip received. Also connected laptop to that and got APIPA ipaddress. But i noticed ip's were going to abandoned leases from free and not getting released.What situation ip's will go under abandoned leases?

• 8.  RE: Abandoned - ip dhcp
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2015 08:02 AM

I would try to ping the abandoned leases.  An abandoned lease is a lease that the DHCP server tries to assign, but it responds to a ping.  http://linux.die.net/man/5/dhcpd.conf

Your scope does not leave you enough flexibility if a devices with static ip addresses takes your leases away from you.  If you only have access points on that subnet, you should 1.  Clear all of your ip address bindings, (2) reboot all of your access points and see what leases get re-used

1.  clear ip dhcp binding

2.  apboot all local