Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Access points are stable but radios won't stay up

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Access points are stable but radios won't stay up

Posted Jan 23, 2012 06:23 PM

This is really strange. I can ping the APs constantly and all devices show good uptime on the controller, but the radios keep bouncing. When looking at an AP-125 the radio LEDs never turn off. However when doing a constant ping from a client, pings range from good to very high and drop once in a while. Also when using AirMagnet I see the radios completely disappear multiple times in a single minute (I have the AP set up right next to my AirMagnet laptop).

I'm running AOS version 3.4.4.0-FIPS. I'm using unaltered default radio profiles and the default unaltered ARM profile. I even disabled ARM and manually assigned a channel for a specific AP (the one I was using to troubleshoot) and got the same results.

Any ideas would sure be appreciated. I can provide show commands and logs. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Access points are stable but radios won't stay up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2012 07:52 PM

Try show ap tech-support ap-name <name of ap>

That will give you a good starting point for that AP.

• 3.  RE: Access points are stable but radios won't stay up

Posted Jan 24, 2012 09:43 AM
      |   view attached

Here is the show ap tech-support...  and yes, unfortunately all access points are affected by this.

Attachment(s)

zip
    ap tech.zip   16 KB 1 version

• 4.  RE: Access points are stable but radios won't stay up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2012 09:59 AM

Not conclusive.  Like Joshua said, please open up a tac case about this, since it is pervasive.

• 5.  RE: Access points are stable but radios won't stay up

Posted Jan 24, 2012 01:49 AM

Is the behavior consistent across all APs? You're able to replicate the results across multiple adapters? If this is the case I would recommend opening a TAC case ASAP.