Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AccessPoint disconnects Clients after two or three month

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AccessPoint disconnects Clients after two or three month

Posted Nov 21, 2011 08:14 AM

Hi,

i have a problem with an OAW-4604 running AOS-W 5.0.3.0. 

Description:

I have 23 Access-Points (OAW-AP105). They work correctly and there are no problems. But after two or three month, a few Access-Points (random) are going to disconnect Clients (2,4 GHz, b & g Clients). The Client then reconnects, but after a short time the client will disconnected again and so on.

After unplugging the AP from the PoE (or reboot) there are no problems for the next two or three month. Don't know what problem this could be. I think that I will make an update to 6.1.2.4. But maybe here is somebody with an idea for this problem.

Thanks for your answers,

Marco

• 2.  RE: AccessPoint disconnects Clients after two or three month

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2011 08:42 AM

Before you go jumping to a new revision, put a user in debug mode. Then after it happens to that user, check the logs.

After that, if it isn't clear what is happening from the logs, I would open a TAC support case. They can help you determine if upgrading will solve this problem.

Basic Troubleshooting
    1. Put your device in debug logging on the controller: conf t, logging level debugging user-debug your-device-mac

2. Simulate the failure

3. Now look at the logs: show log user-debug all | include your-mac-address

TAC will ask for this anyways. So it's a good place to start.

Zach