Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Add IPv6 Connectivity in existing MM / MD environment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Add IPv6 Connectivity in existing MM / MD environment

Posted Jun 29, 2020 09:41 AM

hello guys,

I have an issue regarding ipv6 connectivity in my aruba mm / md environment. 

The idea is to connect APs located in our datacenter via IPv6. I tested already to connect v4 RAPs to the MC Cluster and this is working fine.

What is needed to make v6 working with CAP / RAPs?

So far I configured the MCs with v6 addresses which are reachable from the datacenter. In the datacenter I have an IAP-315 converted to CAP. It connects to the MCs and gets the configuration/firmware, I can see the connections via "datapath session", but currently it's not broadcasting an SSID. Did I miss anything? Do I need to make changes on the Cluster to connect an AP via v6?

Cheers

Arthur

• 2.  RE: Add IPv6 Connectivity in existing MM / MD environment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2020 11:05 AM

What version of AOS are you running? IPv6 is still evolving/expanding quite a bit from release to release, so the functionality could be dependent on the version you're running.

• 3.  RE: Add IPv6 Connectivity in existing MM / MD environment

Posted Jun 29, 2020 11:26 AM

Currently running 8.3.0.4.

Meanwhile I found out that the AP was not approved in the AP whitelist, although I ticked already this option. Will do further testing tomorrow.