Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding Second VRRP Instance causes issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Adding Second VRRP Instance causes issues

Posted Jan 22, 2012 10:13 AM

having issues with VRRP on 6.1.2.5 as well, I'm alble to add one VRRP (1) instance without any issues.  As soon as I add a second VRRP (2) instace, VRRP freaks out.. and the second VRRP (2) instace becomes MASTER on both controllers.

I have tried with and without authentication.

• 2.  RE: Adding Second VRRP Instance causes issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2012 10:19 AM

@opers13 wrote:

having issues with VRRP on 6.1.2.5 as well, I'm alble to add one VRRP (1) instance without any issues.  As soon as I add a second VRRP (2) instace, VRRP freaks out.. and the second VRRP (2) instace becomes MASTER on both controllers.

I have tried with and without authentication.

What is the priority for each instance?  Do you have preempt enabled on either VRRP configuration?  What is your VRRP configuration for both instances?  In addition, use the command "show vrrp statistics" to report on what is seen on both controllers.

• 3.  RE: Adding Second VRRP Instance causes issues

Posted Jan 25, 2012 01:47 PM

Also, define "freaks out". :-)

Realize that if you have "priority 255" set, that controller, no matter what, will try and be the master vrrp member. If both controllers in the VRRP pair are set to 255, they'll compete.