Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding VLAN on v8 cluster kicks off all users

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Adding VLAN on v8 cluster kicks off all users

Posted Oct 18, 2019 03:06 PM

We have noticed that when creating a VLAN on our mobiltity master and then pushing the config to our cluster of 8 x 7240 controllers that it kicks off almost all the users on the network.

This is just adding the L2 vlan, I'm not even at the point of assigning users to the vlan!

Has anyone else experienced this?  Is there a fix?

We are on 8.3.0.8

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Adding VLAN on v8 cluster kicks off all users

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 03:15 PM

If you have a VLAN pool that says VLAN 1-8 (you only have VLANs 1 and 8 configured) and you add VLAN 6 to that, all users would be kicked off, so that they are re-balanced into that pool.

• 3.  RE: Adding VLAN on v8 cluster kicks off all users

Posted Oct 18, 2019 03:27 PM

I was adding a new vlan with a new pool.  I also made sure it was trunked on all the uplink switchports before adding it to the controllers.

I now the cluster tracks all the vlans to make sure they have l2 visibility, but we are in the process of creating a lot of new vlans so it is very anoying that everyone gets kicked off every time we create a new one.

• 4.  RE: Adding VLAN on v8 cluster kicks off all users

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 03:32 PM

If you were not adding or removing a VLAN to an existing pool, I would open a TAC case.