Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

After upgrade to 6.3.1.5 there are two ap 135s that are unable to join wlc

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  After upgrade to 6.3.1.5 there are two ap 135s that are unable to join wlc

Posted Nov 05, 2015 05:21 PM

We have two APs in a remote area that are connected back to core switch via l2vpn.  We have created a special ap system profile to use a lower MTU.  This worked fine until we upgraded the code to 6.3.1.5.  Now APs are unable to join.

A factory reset will allow them to join, but if connectivity is lost for any reason, they go to reboot cycle.

I can see via the datapath session table that there is connectivity.  I spanned a port connected to one of the APs and can see it sending packets to the wlc on port 8211, but nothing coming back from the wlc.

Previous SAP MTU was configured for 1450, I have since lowered it to 1100 but still no luck.

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: After upgrade to 6.3.1.5 there are two ap 135s that are unable to join wlc

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2015 04:13 AM

Please open a TAC case in parallel.  We would just be guessing what your problem is.  You did all of the troubleshooting that a reasonable person would do.