Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Air Monitor working as AP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Air Monitor working as AP

Posted Dec 26, 2011 04:42 PM

Our customer have 2 AP 105 working as AP and 1 AP105 working as Air Monitor at the same floor. They want to knows it is possible that the AM work automatically as AP, if there is a fail on any of the APs.

Thak you for your help

Wilson

• 2.  RE: Air Monitor working as AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 26, 2011 05:25 PM

You could try doing an AP specific profile for the AM AP. Put it in AP mode, and enable Mode-Aware ARM on just that AP. If the coverage is dense enough, it should convert itself into an AM and only change back if necessary (if the other AP fails).

You will need to test this out after hours at the location. Try what I said, then try disabling the normal AP. See if the Mode-Aware enabled AP turns itself back into an AP (assuming the coverage was strong enough for it to become an AM in the first place).

Are there only two APs at this site?

• 3.  RE: Air Monitor working as AP

Posted Dec 26, 2011 05:30 PM

Yes, there are only 2 APs on that site.

Thank you

Wilson

• 4.  RE: Air Monitor working as AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 28, 2011 08:52 AM

Since there are only two APs at the site, I would definitely try the method I described above. If the first AP is providing enough coverage, the other AP (with mode-aware on) should turn itself into an AM.