Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave server connected to controller VLAN 1 ,cant enable sec nat on VLAN (Using IPSEC).

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirWave server connected to controller VLAN 1 ,cant enable sec nat on VLAN (Using IPSEC).

Posted Feb 03, 2016 05:00 AM

Hi Guys,

Good morning,

Recently in one of my Aruba/AirWave deployment, My client asked me to enable e-mail alerts from the AirWave.

My Issue: The AirWave is installed on VLAN1 (Behind Aruba Controller),Attached diagram:

Drawing1.jpg

Now,if it was any other vlan i was able to enable the source nat for the VLAN. (But on VLAN 1 , u cant if u got RAP/IPSEC units..it's causing them go down on AOS 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*So, We connected the AW to a diffrent port on the controller and made it untrusted and built an ACL for it allowing it doing route src-nat..but with no success.

2016-02-03_11-20-48.jpg

Please advise what we are doing wrong,and how to solve it,i need the AW to be able to get internet.

• 2.  RE: AirWave server connected to controller VLAN 1 ,cant enable sec nat on VLAN (Using IPSEC).

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2016 03:04 PM

Why is the port AirWave is connected to untrusted?

Also, if the controller goes down, you're not going to get email alerts. Why not put AirWave upstream?

• 3.  RE: AirWave server connected to controller VLAN 1 ,cant enable sec nat on VLAN (Using IPSEC).

Posted Feb 03, 2016 03:41 PM
    we did the port untrusted in order to create route src nat acl role for it.
    ( as i wrote we cant enable it on the vlan itself because it will cause the remote ap's to fall )
    We dont care if the controller down , not to get alerts at this stage.

any idea how to enable the aw server to get internet via vlan 1 ( without enabling src nat on the whole vlan ? (