Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Airgroup Radius Packets - Wrong Source

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Given that the controller address is 10.16.211.11 with a vrrp address of 10.16.211.10, which reside on vlan 211. Should what I have set in the screenshot below be working? 

I did try "ip radius source-interface vlan 211" previously but it didn't appear to have any effect.

radius source interface.png

Highlighted
Guru Elite

The source interface should NEVER be a VRRP, because you always want to know what controller the request comes from.  You need to configure individual controllers in the Airgroup Settings, anyway.  A VRRP is only really meant to be an inbound load-balancing mechanism.  It is not really meant to be the source ip address of any traffic that is leaving the controller. Make the source VLAN any routable VLAN (preferably the switch-ip or management VLAN).  That ip address will correspond with the "Access Device IP/Port:" parameter i the Radius Access Tracker and is also what you use when you enter the controller(s) as network devices.  When you configure a controller in Airgroup, that is the ip address that is used.  A VRRP is only really meant to be an inbound load-balancing mechanism.  It is not really meant to be the source ip address of any traffic that is leaving the controller.  The NAS-IP address does not really come into play in Airgroup.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I opened a case with TAC and here is what is happening:

Subject: RE: McGill University: Case # 1504447: Controller using wrong source IP for Airgroup radius requests

Hi Zachary,

This issue will be fixed in 6.3.1.5. Please let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with or good to close the case.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

mzac,

Thank you.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: