Wireless Access

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: Airgroup and Apple TV - almost works!!!

Back again - long overdue update - but we have had TAC on this for ages - only be told finally - update firmware - AGGH!!!!!!

We are yet to do this - but reasoning we are being given is

"Airgroup 6.1.3.4 is not supported on multiple controllers in integrated mode"

We are being advised to update to 6.1.3.6-airgroup, which was just released last week which does support this.

This has taken 6 weeks to arrive at this point. We have yet to update so do not know if this will work or not - but wanted to let others know in case they were having the same issues. Update is scheduled for later this week - so will let you know.

Still frustrated that it has taken this long - but hopefully we will have a solution soon.

Wally

Highlighted
Contributor II

WOOHOO!!!!!!! It works.

New firmware was applied to all 4 controllers last night and as of today the Apple TV has been visible all day without having to go through all the steps (turn airplay on and off, turn wireless on and off etc etc etc).

Will keep you informed otherwise - but success so far with 6.1.3.6-airgroup firmware version. YAY!!!

Wally

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor II

I'm on 6.1.3.6-AirGroup firmware now as well.  So far none of the previous issues have showed up.

The only part that got me a bit was setting up the domain and we were using the local controller - but now only certain commands are available on the master.

Looking good at this point.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor I

We upgraded our controller not only to a 3600XM, but also to 6.1.3.6-Aigroup & it seems far more stable at this point.

Network Engineer | Airhead | Titus 3:5
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: