Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airgroup appleTV not detected from client, after upgrade to 8.6 on IAP

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Airgroup appleTV not detected from client, after upgrade to 8.6 on IAP

Posted Feb 18, 2020 01:44 AM

Hello Everyone and community,

Big thank in advance for everyone that is going to take 5 min to read my message :-).

I have cluster of Instant AP 215, this cluster was running on 6.4 and we have migrated to 8.6, the wireless part is working perfectly fine

The customer is intensively using airgroup, Apple TV are connected to the SSID, and clients (Macs, Ipad, laptop with airparott) are broadcasting on apple TV (all in same VLAN).

Before upgrade, all the devices were detecting all the apple TV smoothly, since the upgrade, the devices are only detecting apple TV that are connected on the same access point.

- the Broadcast filtering is disabled.

- The interclient communication is allowed.

- Airplay is checked in airgroup.

Has someone already saw this problem? I have read that a lot of things from airgroup have changed between 6.4 and 8.6.

Thanks in advance, and have a great day ahread.

• 2.  RE: Airgroup appleTV not detected from client, after upgrade to 8.6 on IAP

Posted Feb 18, 2020 07:31 AM

I'm self answering.

After disabling all the airgroup functionnality, in AirGroup and Airgroup Settings ....

All the appleTV from network are visible again.

Can someone explain this strange behaviour ?

Have a nice day.

• 3.  RE: Airgroup appleTV not detected from client, after upgrade to 8.6 on IAP

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 18, 2020 10:07 AM

If the users and the Apple TV is on the same subnet, just turn off "Drop Broadcast and Multicast" on the Virtual AP that the user is connected to, and turn off Airgroup.

Airgroup is only needed if the users and the Apple TV are on different subnets OR you have Drop Broadcast and Multicast enabled at the Virtual AP level.

• 4.  RE: Airgroup appleTV not detected from client, after upgrade to 8.6 on IAP

Posted Feb 19, 2020 02:34 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your answer, one question, If I'm disabling completly Airgroup, I can't work with "disallowed roles" ... the policy applied in the student role that disallow airplay, isn't working.

It's a normal behaviour ?

Have  nice day.