Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airgroup in a mutliple controller enviroment.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airgroup in a mutliple controller enviroment.

Posted Dec 12, 2012 10:13 AM

I have a customer that has 3 3400 controllers in a N+1 redundancy mode where each local fails up to the master in a failure event.  He also has an AppleTv in every room that he would like to use Airgroup for.  He seems to be getting very mixed results.  Sometimes 5 TV's sometimes 30.  When I look at the controllers there seems to be 34 Apple TV's listed.  Currently I have Airgroup enabled on all 3 switches and I was wondering if this was best practice or my logic is saying maybe it should only be enabled on one.  Does anybody have any experience with this?

• 2.  RE: Airgroup in a mutliple controller enviroment.

Posted Dec 12, 2012 10:47 AM

I think I answered my own question.  Instead of each controller having a list of 35 apple tv's I disabled it on the two local's and now the lists is 105 apple tv's.  We are now testing to see if the IPads list is better now.  I will post back what results I find incase someone else runs into this issue.

• 3.  RE: Airgroup in a mutliple controller enviroment.

MVP
    Posted Dec 19, 2012 09:49 AM

We're very interested in implementing AirGroup as Apple TVs and air print enabled printers are becoming prevalent on campus. Please keep me this thread updated with your findings.

• 4.  RE: Airgroup in a mutliple controller enviroment.

Posted Dec 31, 2012 09:46 AM

It has definetly helped the situation but the list never seems consient but I am now working to see if I can fix that issue.

• 5.  RE: Airgroup in a mutliple controller enviroment.

Posted Jan 02, 2013 12:51 PM

John,

Have you made any progress in troubleshooting the Apple TVs on the list of your iPad?  I work for a K12 school system and tried installing over 100 ATVs in our HS last week.  We would not see all of the devices on the list from an iPad.  No two iPads saw the same list, there was no consistency.  We are a single controller environment, AirGroup would show 102 devices, the most we saw on the list was 98.  Many times we would see far fewer than 98.

Thanks, any feedback is greatly appreciated.