Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airmesh mst200 questions

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airmesh mst200 questions

Posted Feb 13, 2014 06:32 PM

Hello! everyone

Got a few quesitions for the ones that got  MST200, im new with this product,, so im looking for people with more knowledge about it:)

1)Which is the maximum distance i can reach with 2 of these guys for a bridge point to point? or at least how much have you seem it work ? i mean if you dont know the maximum distance?

2) The scenario i want its the fallowing:

Got 2 buildings

1 got internet the other doesnt, and we want to make a bridge between both building so the second building have intenret  like a calbe in the air...   Is this solution ideal for this? as far i read it is, but well  confirming it doenst hurt :)

I was first thinking on an outdoor instant AP 175 but thats too expensive and we just one the point to point to join both building...

Someone from aruba mention it to me on another tread(i give my tanks to him for pointing me this model)

Cheeers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Airmesh mst200 questions
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2014 08:33 PM

3 km is the recommended practical max for the product. it has been applied up to 5 km

• 3.  RE: Airmesh mst200 questions

Posted Feb 13, 2014 08:36 PM

Well that looks pretty good for the client!

thanks

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Airmesh mst200 questions

Posted Feb 14, 2014 10:27 AM

We've got about 20 of these deployed and they are working fine. Of course our longest distance is only a few hundred yards. The remaining question I have of this product is on Aruba's product site it seems to imply that they are capable of both being an access point and a mesh point. Haven't had the time to figure out how to make that work as it sure would be nice to provide otsoor coverage at the same time.

• 5.  RE: Airmesh mst200 questions

Posted Feb 14, 2014 10:40 AM
    Im new to this product but i dont think this would work properly for serving clients.. Specifically this model becauae of the beam propagation... Its more like a directional antena.

i got a question for you now you mwntion you got them.

are you using it for point to point ? Like a replacement for a fiber cable?

we want to use it to link 2 buildings. One of the buldings does not have internet connection and we will use it as an alternative for fiber cable...
    guess this is the scenario that this equipment was created for right?
    how realiable is this? It is really stable?

• 6.  RE: Airmesh mst200 questions

Posted Feb 14, 2014 11:07 AM

That is exactly why we are using them. To tie/bridge/mesh smaller client count (not-cost-effective to trench/install fiber, etc.) buildings to a campus building that has main network connection. To date (about 5 months into using them), they have been very reliable (had to replace one). All are using single port POE's. You're probably correct about the beam configuration. Would be nice though, not to have to install two devices - one for bridging and one for outdoor coverage.

• 7.  RE: Airmesh mst200 questions

Posted Feb 14, 2014 11:23 AM

thanks for your asnwer!

Cheers

Carlos